Saturday 26 November 2016

Reflective Journal

     


        The third week of internship was over and i am going through a mixed emotions. In this week i had observation and both our optional tracher mrs. priya ma'am as well as our general paper teacher Mrs.Lekshmi ma'am came to see my class. In the last section of our internship my class got a tag of excellence, and was perfectly happy in receiving such a wonderful comment from my  optional teacher as well as from my general teacher. But in this section i was little bit depressed when my general teacher handed over her observation paper. There were lot to improve even in presenting chart. I regretted in making silly mistakes. I was really prepared and confident but dont know what happed. May be that was not my day. With great depression i prepared for the next day's observation and i did really good in my next class. Again i got the tag of excellence in my observation diary. So in this week i was depressed on thursday and it affects my confidence in teaching as well. But after the second observation i was again confident enough to teach my children. Me and my students became so close this week they shared their personal experience with me and enquired about mine too. Thus we became so close. I taught them grammar portion this week and they asked me doubt when i left the class. At first they were really afraid to ask me doubts but as i build a good rapport with them they were really confident and free to talk to me and to ask doubts. I was really happy that my students shows enthusiasm to learn. What made me even more happy was, they used to call me to class when they got free periods. This is because they like me and my subject so much. I felt really proud to create an impression in my students. This week i handed over my 8 A class to Sreelaxmi and asked her to teach there. But two or three students asked me to teach them again. I felt really happy for this. I gave them date for a test paper on Friday. I asked them to be prepared for a 25 mark's test on 2nd of December. But one student asked me to put test on 1st of December. I was literally shocked to hear her reason, she wanted to write the exam because that was her birthday .I somehow convinced her to write exam on 2nd, but she was sad. I dont know why my students like me and my subject,  I really felt that  i am a blessed teacher to create impression in my students. Only a few can make such a drastic change or impression.

     This week also I used to go to other classes and took English classes for them. I taught them how to write a letter, a diary entry and asked them to write the format for writing all these. I thought it is better to teach them all these things than teaching them merely from textbooks. It will help them in higher classes as well. In 8C, students asked me about my previous school's experience and it reminds me about my students in boys school and the experience i got from that school. It was a different experience in teaching in boy's school. But i think i am enjoying more here than in boys. Here students were more enthusiastic to learn when compared to that school. But still my mind was longing to see my first batch students. It is from that school I learned to manage the class. And now i am sure that i wont get any remarks in managing class. I should say thank you to my teachers who put me in that school for my first internship. This week went well with little disappointment and happiness on the next day. As the week ends, I am again confidence enough to teach my students. I am thanking my priya teacher for helping me to get my confidence back. It is due to her good comments i got my confidence back. I am thanking my lekshmi teacher as well who taught me to be careful  with silly mistakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment