Saturday 12 November 2016

Reflective journal


FIRST WEEK OF INTERNSHIP (9-11-2016 TO 11-11 2016)


 











The second phase of teaching practise started and i felt like being in my old school as a student.I did my schooling in Holy Angels Convent H.S.S and it was a girls only school. When I entered the school premises my heart was filled with memories of my school days. I had expectation about a government school,but as I stepped in I was literally shocked to see a well managed well kept government  school.the school was beyond my expectations. the first class i entered was 8A and again i was surprised to see a skeleton in a classroom.the classroom was like a miniature zoology lab. I went to that class as a substitute as our concerned English teacher was absent, she asked me to take her class as she couldn't make it out for 3 days. My first teaching experience was in a boy's school, at first it was very difficult for me to teach them, but at the final period I started managing them.But teaching in a girls school was different experience. It was very easy for me to teach them. Teaching in boys was very stressful, but here it is easy,less stressful  and interesting too.the class assigned to me was 8B and in the second hour I went there and introduced myself and asked my students to introduce themselves . The class was less responding when compared to 8A so I was little bit disappointed. As it was my first day in school I didn't teach them . I just had a good time with them and left the class. In the next day I started teaching in the class. First I took class in 8 A . and I was really happy to see the interesting face of students to Learn. It gave me confidence and with utmost pleasure I moved to my class which is 8 B. I took same potions in two classes and I got different responses from my students. 8A responded well but the other class was silent. I was repeatedly asking them to say something. But again no response. As there is no Class on Friday I took an extra class on Thursday in the afternoon section. In the second hour I was very much disappointed but in the afternoon section my students started responding. I was really happy to see them responding for my questions. On that day I understood that I can teach them well in this section of teaching practise. The third day we had class only till 12.30. And in the morning section we had a long assembly there and an inauguration function of an eye testing camp.so I didn't get any class on Friday. We left the school by 12.45 after serving good.thus the first week of internship came to ad end.

No comments:

Post a Comment