Saturday 19 November 2016

Reflective jouraurnal




"SECOND WEEK (14/11/201 to 18/11/201)"


Thus again came to the end of another week of internship. This week i made a small analysis of my teaching practice section. There is improvement, and i felt happy for it. But something was irritating me the whole week and i got an answer for it while i made an analysis. I am a fun loving and responsible person in my life but the school  made me alter the attitude. God has given me a good school and good students but has given me an HM to put a fullstop to my happiness and peace of mind.  In this week of teaching practise she made me realise that i can't complete my teaching practise easily. the work load of teaching practice is a known truth. But our HM wouldnot allow us to do any work there in the school. She wanted us to go to every free classes there in the school. so we couldnt get any free period there to do our works or atleast to take rest. As we have our thesis this year we are running out of control to cope up with the works, our thesis and more over the upcoming third semester exam so we were really frustrated this week. Even in the midst of this tensions i tried hard to prepare for taking classes. And i am sure i won in that decision. In this week i completed one lesson and asked them questions and everyone answerd except 4 students. I was happy that the hard work i took has become worth. Those students who didnt answer my questions actually knew the answers but they were afraid to speak. Eventhough , I made them study the lesson and asked them questions in the next day itself. While i was studying in my school i have not seen an inspection live. But as a teacher in a school made a difference, i witnessed the horrible feel of an HM during the inspection. They were altogether four people from DPI office which i knew from my childhood onwards as my father was an employee of that office. 
After finishing the lesson on thursday i shows them an animated video of the lesson and asked them to identify the mistakes or differences by comparing it with textbook. To my utter shock they identified the difference within no time. I was extremely happy and became confident in teaching them. In this week again i started teaching the students in 8A after a long gap. As i could take class there in 8A  without lesson plans i already finished the lesson there in the previous week itself. In this week i started the activities and made them do it by there own. We have to serve lunch for students every afternoon and in this week onwards me and one of my colleague started eating lunch from the school. This week also we faced difficulty in getting water there we brought water in bottles frome home and somehow managed. We were asked to sit under the stairs when we came to the school in the first week. But we adjusted there for 3 days in the middle of the dust sitting there without fan but in the fourth day we really got suffocated due to the dust. Thus we asked permission and moved to the stage. There also we dont have fan or light facility but as it is an open stage we could get light and managed without fan. But in the afternoon it is extremely hot there but as we couldbt get time to sit there in our place we could manage it. Even if it is frustrating i am enjoying this internship because of my students, there love.  Today is sunday i had plans of this day to loiter with my friends but i kept all that aside to prepare for the next day's class and i dont have any problem in that. I am enjoying the teaching experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment